Beard balm is used to nourish your facial hair and give them a stylish look if applied daily, in a routine. It has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties. A gentle beard balm will assist you in resolving the issues of patchiness, flakiness, and dryness from your skin under the beard. Applying skincare products on a regular basis can make your beard look elegant and classy. It will also stimulate the hair growth of beard along with various other benefits such as resolving the issues of split-ends and many more.
When to use beard balm?
When you start noticing that your face is looking dull, dry, and the aging process is getting faster, it is time to get serious about the issue. You are then needed to start taking care of your beard and facial hair. It is suggested to apply a beard balm containing beneficial contents at least twice a day. Firstly, when you come out after taking a shower and secondly when you are about to go asleep. However, it is advisable not to use any product too much, because the excess of anything is wrong. You should stop using a product if it consists of any of the harmful chemicals, like parabens or sulfates. Because nowadays, it is widely stated that these chemicals are toxic to their core and can cause cancer at a rapid rate. Avoid the brands that have parabens or sulfate in them and go for vegan and organic content.
What does a beard balm contain?
Generally, a beard balm is manufactured by some necessary substances like beeswax, oil, and various types of butter. It is ultimately the choice of the producer to choose which one from these. The three of them are made from the following components:
- Beeswax is attained from honey bees; this is the most natural form of beard balm if selected.
- Beard balms made from butter are having Shea butter or cocoa butter in them. The best beard balm is known to be this one for its thick texture, and it stays for a more extended period.
- Coconut oil, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil are the most widely used ingredients in the oil-based beard balm.
They might come in various flavors too, like chocolate, butterscotch, etc. these are the following steps to use a beard balm:
How to use a beard balm?
There are some guidelines for the beginners to use a beard balm more efficiently:
- Comb the beard: In the first step, you are required to comb your beard and facial hair properly by detangling them completely.
- Take the balm out: You are now suggested to take the beard balm out of the can or jar, and take some of it on your fingertips. They usually come in a tiny jar with frozen and soft gel-like substance in it.
- Rub it: When you have taken the beard balm out of the jar, then rub it on your palms for maintaining the balance of temperature, as balms mostly come in frozen form.
- Apply it: After rubbing it in both of your palms, you are now ready to apply it over your face, where facial hairs are present. After all these steps, you are now prepared to step outside.
Dandruff in the beard-Beard ruff!
The white flakes that you find on your beard are dandruff present in your beard. That is why it is known as beardruff. It might be caused due to several factors, specially formed in winters. It can be caused due to the excessive oil secreted by the sebaceous glands of your body. Beardruff is a sensitive issue to look upon that can be resolved in many ways. Applying beard oil with having coconut water properties in it is known to be the best remedy for flakiness and beardruff.
Advantages of using a beard balm:
Most of the men are still not aware of the benefits that a beard balm offers to our skin. If used with beautiful beard oil, it enhances the texture of the skin along with many other benefits such as:
- Strengthening: If you want to make your beard hair healthy, then you should apply beard balm at regular intervals for many months.
- Softening: It also assists you in making the texture of your beard smooth. It makes it coarser, thicker, and denser.
- Looks classy: if you regularly apply beard balm, along with the beard oil, it will give your face a perfectly framed look.
- Growth-rate: By continuously using beard products, its growth will enhance rapidly within a few months.
- Hygienic: When you apply a beard balm twice a day, it will cleanse your hair follicles from deep within. Cleaning is an essential part of skin hygiene.
- Prevent infections: If you regularly cleanse your face and beard, then you are safe from getting prone to any skin infections. The organic brands also do not cause allergies; in fact, they treat any allergic reaction previously prevailing in your skin cells.
Final words regarding beard balms
Surveys conducted by skin experts show that the growth rate of a men’s hair is increased by a minimum of 40% when used daily, as compared to men who do not apply it at regular intervals. Some of the famous skin experts recommend various methods to get rid of the problem of flakiness, patchiness, and itchiness. They prevent infectious diseases and skin allergies effectively. The flavored and scented beard balms help in aromatherapy techniques. The applier or user is required to use beard balm for a minimum of two times per day for a continuous period of three to four months. Many skin experts and dermatologists advise the regular application of beard balms as they keep your skin and beard hair neat and clean. The tangled hair and hair fall process are also known to be minimized with the help of an excellent beard balm. For better results, one is advised to apply beard oil along with beard balm.